The Department of Health Services Administration was established at Prince Sultan Military College of Health Sciences in Dhahran in 2013 to implement the vision and strategy of the medical services division in the Ministry of Defense by developing their cadres and raising their abilities and their scientific and practical potentials, and achieving the objectives of the college in expanding its health sciences programs with the highest academic and professional standards.
The department offers a diploma program in Health Services Administration and provides students with the necessary knowledge, skills and training in this specialty, so that they can meet the requirements in the hospitals of MSD and the health sector in the Kingdom. The diploma program in the Department of Health Services Administration was approved by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
Program curriculum was designed in order to achieve the role of basic health management in hospitals and healthcare organizations to develop work systems that support these organizations to enable them to provide healthcare services efficiently and effectively and provide these services with high quality and reasonable cost.
The department Vision
Develop health services management to play a leading role in the provision of graduates with specialized knowledge in this field.
The department Mission
Teaching and qualifying students at a high level in the management of health services and hospitals with the ability to compete with other university students in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, and achieve the reputation of the graduates of the department as the best performance in the labor market with a high degree of professionalism.
The department Objectives
The Department aims to provide a realistic learning environment where, after completing the requirements of the study plan, the student receives a certificate in Health Services Administration enabling him to work and serve healthcare organizations through:
- Developing the managerial efficiency in health services organizations and hospitals.
- Supporting the medical and health professions in health services organizations.
- Develop effective management skills in health services organizations and reduce the burden of the administrative activities among medical professionals.
- Improve the efficiency of the health information system so that decision makers can obtain updated information to make their decision.
- Supporting the managers' profession in the provision of health services.
- Development of information management skills for utilizing in managing health services and patients affairs.
- Understanding international health standards, safety measures and global competition.